Core Connector Problems

Oct 4, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Hi,

I am trying to get the IWeb module to work with the connector but I am getting errors.

I have DNN4.9.4 and I installed the module without any errors.

I have added the module to a page and found the url to the webservice.

I then downloaded and installed the Core Connector software.

I put the url in at the top and clicked "check version". It comes back saying the version on the portal is too low.

I then put in the host username and password and tried the "GetUser" function but when I do this i get and error "Client found the repsonse content type "plain/text". I cannot read the rest of the error message because it runs off the page. (It happens with all functions)

I also tried encrypting it using the mykey password in the module settings and tried again but still no luck.

Can anyone suggest what might be going wrong please?

Thanks

Trev

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2009 at 2:26 PM

The problem you are getting are usually when the address to the web service is wrong or you have a trailing "/".

You should be able to go to the web service address that you are putting into the Core Connector directly in your web browser to check the the address is correct.

Oct 4, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, i can manually browse the webservice with no problems.

The url is http://localhost:81/DesktopModules/IWeb/webservice.asmx

I then copy and paste that exact url into the connector, put in my host username and password and run "GetUser"

I have tried it with and encryption key and without with no change in the error message.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks

Trev

Oct 4, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Here is the exact error message I am getting:

Client found response content type of 'text/plain; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with the error message: -- System.InvalidOperationException: DesktopModules/IWeb/webservice.asmx Web Service method name is not valid.    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerProtocol.Initialize()    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocol.SetContext(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response)    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing)  --.

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2009 at 3:17 PM

The account that you are using to access the web service does not have access to calthe web service method. You configure the access to each web service method using the configuration screen in the IWeb module (in your DotNetNuke website). You configure access by role.

Oct 4, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Hi,

I have now configured the GetUser method to be available to "Registered Users" but still the same error :(

In the connector I have tried using the host account and also one of my registered users but nothing seems to change the error?

im stumped. I have even uninstalled everything and started again but with no success.

Sorry to be a pain. obviously i am doing something wrong but i just cannot seem to put my finger on it.

Any more thoughts?

Trev

Oct 4, 2009 at 4:02 PM

There error message keeps getting bigger :)

Trev

Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with the error message: -- <html>     <head>         <title>Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in '/DesktopModules/IWeb/webservice.asmx'.</title>         <style>          body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;}           p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px}          b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px}          H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }          H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }          pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em}          .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}          .version {color: gray;}          .error {margin-bottom: 10px;}          .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }         </style>     </head>      <body bgcolor="white">              <span><H1>Server Error in '/' Application.<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver></H1>              <h2> <i>Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in '/DesktopModules/IWeb/webservice.asmx'.</i> </h2></span>              <font face="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif ">              <b> Description: </b>An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.              <br><br>              <b> Exception Details: </b>System.InvalidOperationException: Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in '/DesktopModules/IWeb/webservice.asmx'.<br><br>              <b>Source Error:</b> <br><br>              <table width=100% bgcolor="#ffffcc">                <tr>                   <td>                       <code>  An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.</code>                    </td>                </tr>             </table>              <br>              <b>Stack Trace:</b> <br><br>              <table width=100% bgcolor="#ffffcc">                <tr>                   <td>                       <code><pre>  [InvalidOperationException: Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in '/DesktopModules/IWeb/webservice.asmx'.]    System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.CoreGetHandler(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response) +405961    System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String verb, String url, String filePath) +212    System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String url, String pathTranslated) +47    System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +193    System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +93    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155 </pre></code>                    </td>                </tr>             </table>              <br>              <hr width=100% size=1 color=silver>              <b>Version Information:</b> Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082              </font>      </body> </html> <!--  [InvalidOperationException]: Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in '/DesktopModules/IWeb/webservice.asmx'.    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.CoreGetHandler(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response)    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String verb, String url, String filePath)    at System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String url, String pathTranslated)    at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)    at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) --><!--  This error page might contain sensitive information because ASP.NET is configured to show verbose error messages using <customErrors mode="Off"/>. Consider using <customErrors mode="On"/> or <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/> in production environments.--> --.

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Can you try usingthe module on another dotnetnuke site? The module has been around for nearly 4 years so trust me it does work :)

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2009 at 5:41 PM

I was finally able to reproduce the error locally. I will look at it today and post a response.

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Wow it's been so many years that I forgot how to configure it properly myself. For the URL, you don't put in the address to the web service, you only put in your domain name, like "http://www.taxiroute.co.uk" (do not have a trailing "/".

I was getting the same error you were getting locally but then I configured it correctly and it worked.

As to your site, I get an error but it is the normal error you get when you have a bad username or password or you have configured it to use encryption and you have the wrong key. Since I can't get to your host settings i can't test it (please don't post a user name or password to your site).

Also if you open the IWeb connector and have the wrong settings and try to connect to your web site, you have to close it and reopen it and put in correct settings before it will properly use them.

Oct 4, 2009 at 7:58 PM

OMG! - it works.

Thank you very much for your time and effort. VERY much appreciated!

I don't know what to say... thanks thanks thanks thanks

Now i can move on

Trev

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Glad it worked out. Thank you for following up.