Winform using Iweb

May 18, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I need to make a win form that regist and read users from the dotnetnuke database.

Some one told me that I can make it using Iweb, but I allready try to do it or understand how to do it and I can't figure it out.

If some one could help me.

Coordinator
May 18, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Install the module then click the link to download the IWebConnector. It contains sample code that should help.

May 18, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I donwload it, but it ony have two files, one with some configs, and the other is the file to run it. Where I can found that code.

btw I need it Csharp, because I never study VB.

What I need is a winform that can acess a database from a DotNetNuke website, so that users register is account and make the login. It should be in Csharp because it's the language that I had study, and I don't know how to work in VB.

Coordinator
May 18, 2009 at 1:17 PM

You can find the code you need in teh IWebCoreConnector:

http://iweb.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/12386#6456

May 18, 2009 at 1:44 PM
As I can see I only need this part:

private
void btnCreateUser_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
try
{
IWeb.Url = WebserviceURL;
IWeb.IWebAuthendicationHeaderValue = IWebAuthendication.AttachCredentials();

lblCreateStatus.Text = IWeb.CreateUser(txtSetUserName.Text, txtFirstName.Text, txtLastName.Text, txtDisplayName.Text, txtEmail.Text, txtSetPassword.Text);
}

But there is on question, I should have a code that make the connection to the database?
And other question where do I see that code on the IWebCoreConnector, I donwload the application, but I didn't found that code anywhere.
Coordinator
May 18, 2009 at 3:18 PM

You can download al the source code using the Source Code tab on this site.

May 18, 2009 at 3:54 PM
Edited May 18, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I allready had done it, but I don't understand.

I clear everything that I shouldn't need, because I only need to "create user" tab and the website url. I clear the rest and it don't work. I think it's because that I need to put the host account name and pass.

I want to make samething without that, because this winform is to external user login in a website, so i can't send the host account info.

I don't understan either why if I clear the Iweb_core_connector, that is made in VB, the Iweb_core_connector_CS stop working.

can you really help me making the winform that I need for make register and login of users on DNN, or no?

Either when I open the IWeb Solution file it said me on the VS that some control providers couldn't be found.

Coordinator
May 18, 2009 at 4:48 PM

You can alter the web service methods to allow a user to be created without requiring a username and password from the Host account. You may be opening a security hole and that is the reson we did not do it nor do we reccomend that you do that.

May 18, 2009 at 4:54 PM

ok, but If I want to give the application to the users, so that they could register and log on their account on the website? I can send the host username and password to the user could do that.

How could I make a application like that?

Coordinator
May 18, 2009 at 5:11 PM
Edited May 18, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Hopefully the code provided with IWeb will get you started. It appears IWeb provides all the code you need, you need to simply strip things out.

The IWeb core connector contains code to create a user. The C# Winforms client is in our source code repository and the web service methods are also in our source code repository.

May 18, 2009 at 5:35 PM

As I told you, I allready had download it I try to understand it. But I couldn't understand, first in the folder: \Iweb\Applications\IWeb Core Connector\ appears to exist the same winform in vb and csharp, and if I deleted the vb code, the csharp don't work.

Either it allways give me some erros when I open it for the first time saing that there is some control providers that I couldn't found.

I allready had clear what I don't need, only leaving the create user controle and the website url, and then It don't make anything, because he probavily needs the host account.

I don't any experience working with DNN or web service or VB, but I need this to my work. I only have experience working with csharp and asp.net.

May 19, 2009 at 4:09 PM

and If I change the source code how can I add then the module to the website?

Coordinator
May 19, 2009 at 4:47 PM

It would be too much to explain in a forum. You will want to get a book on DotNetNuke module development.