Add member to core connector VB

Mar 14, 2012 at 3:56 AM

How do I properly add a member to the core connector. I am fairly new to webservices.  I added to the dnn iweb service directly to the site with vs2010. I copied the getversion as a template and named it "Testing" in the IWebMisc.vb file as follows.

Partial Public Class WebService
         _
        Public Function Testing() As String
            Dim strVersion As String = ""
            Try

Dim objIWebAuthendication As New IWebAuthendication(IWebCredentials)
                If Not objIWebAuthendication.ValidAndAuthorized() Then
                    Return "Not Authorized"
                End If

Dim objDesktopModules As New Entities.Modules.DesktopModuleController
                Dim objDesktopModuleInfo As New Entities.Modules.DesktopModuleInfo
                Dim arr As ArrayList = objDesktopModules.GetDesktopModules()
                For Each objDesktopModuleInfo In arr
                    If objDesktopModuleInfo.ModuleName = "IWeb" Then
                        strVersion = objDesktopModuleInfo.Version
                    End If
                Next
            Catch ex As Exception
                strVersion = ex.Message
            End Try

Return strVersion
        End Function
    End Class

Saved the file and refresh the webservice page. It shows up just fine.

Then I added a button on the connector client again mimicing the getversion as follows.

Private Sub SimpleButton1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles SimpleButton1.Click
        Dim IWebVersion_Info As IWebVersion_Info
        Try
            IWebVersion_Info = IWebVersion.Testing()
            Me.lblGetVersion.Text = "Version: " & IWebVersion_Info.VersionName & " (" & IWebVersion_Info.VersionNumber.ToString() & ")"
        Catch ex As Exception
            Me.lblGetVersion.Text = ex.Message
        End Try
    End Sub

It showed an error at first and gave me the option to "generate method stub" I chose to do so. Then I build with no errors.

When I press the button It displays this "The method or operation is not implemented.

Like I said I am new, so it's probably easy. I'm not getting it on my own and haven't had any luck with google searches.

Thanks in advance

Jason