Custom Profile Properties

Jun 21, 2008 at 12:01 AM
I have loved the webservice but there is a problem that I do not know how to solve.  I have created custom profile properties for users of my site.  But when I query the user from the webservice the custom profile properties don't show up.  How to I get these fields and their data?
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2008 at 12:35 AM
Edited Jun 23, 2008 at 12:35 AM
Perhaps this site can help: http://www.dnndevzone.com/Library/tabid/126/SectionId/2/Default.aspx
Jun 23, 2008 at 8:39 AM
I have the same issue. I was hoping that custom profile data would be passed in as an additional dictonary but that does not seem to be the case.
It could be retrieved with a second IWeb self-written method a la "GetExtendedProfileProperties" or a GetUser that returns a custom Aggregator class like "UserExtendedInfo" but i also wondered if there isn´t a standard way of getting there. It would be great if you would update this thread if you have found a standard solution.
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2008 at 1:03 PM
This one is "doable". The problem is that profile properties can be created and then taken away. It is possible to use serialiazable Dictionary object as Elmar suggests. If anyone works on this and wants to donate the method to the project it would be a great addition.