Windows Phone client connection to IWeb Service

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:35 PM

We attempting to use a client on Windows Phone to access the IWeb webservices.  <Pardon the coding !+= >.  We have successfully used the Iweb Core Connector and connected.   We're unable to pass the credential from this client to the service.   

public PhoneSevenWebServiceDemo.ServiceReference.WebServiceSoapClient  IWeb = new PhoneSevenWebServiceDemo.ServiceReference.WebServiceSoapClient();

private void btnButtonWhatisMyEmailAddress_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            PhoneSevenWebServiceDemo.ServiceReference.IWebAuthendicationHeader myproxy = new PhoneSevenWebServiceDemo.ServiceReference.IWebAuthendicationHeader();
            myproxy = IWebAuthendication.AttachCredentials();
            var proxy = new PhoneSevenWebServiceDemo.ServiceReference.WebServiceSoapClient();            
            EndpointAddress MyEndpointAddress = new EndpointAddress(strWebServiceURL);
            proxy.Endpoint.Address = MyEndpointAddress;
            proxy.GetUserCompleted += new EventHandler<GetUserCompletedEventArgs>(proxy_GetUserCompleted);            

proxy.GetUserAsync(username.Text, myproxy);  //<really a bad attempt to pass the credentials, GetUserAsync has only two options    
        }

void proxy_GetUserCompleted(object sender, GetUserCompletedEventArgs e)
        {
            btnButton.Content = e.Result.Email.ToString();     
        }

Any suggestions are appreciated

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2010 at 7:40 PM

So no help as I have not tried this myself yet.

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:21 PM

I am trying to do the exact same thing. Have you had any resolution to this problem?

Aug 4, 2011 at 5:10 PM

I have done this on the Android, and will soon test it on the iPhone. I am using Titanium from www.appcelerator. Check out this link on how. http://developer.appcelerator.com/question/67821/how-to-pass-soap-header

Basically in the JS you have to do a soap:Header before the XML that does the soap:Body.  Realize that I am using Titanium so I have this in JS however the concept should work. There is a suds.js type file I modified for this, however other tools can open XML URLs and pass SOAP messages. You need to do it in the SOAP Header area.

I have this successfully implemented using the iWeb service in DNN 5.6.2+ on a Win2K3 hosted box using IIS 6.0.

Dale Bingham