use of Iweb in child portals

Jul 12, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Hello again,

I am using IWebCSharp in DNN 5.4.1 and was trying to use it in a subportal. 

Now, I have my iweb config module loaded on a page in the default portal.  When I add a web service and configure it there as long is the user is using the service as a user in the default portal, it works fine. 

However, when I try to configure IWeb services for the subportal the user cannot authenticate.

I am using the same loaded module in my default portal; however, I am selecting the child portal in the appropriate selection box.  The appropriate list of roles/users pop up in the selection box for each of the services.  HOwever, the user still cannot authenticate properly even when the appropriate role is selected.  Any ideas?

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2010 at 5:38 PM
I'm sorry but IWeb does not support child portals. The reason is that the DNN core changed things so that you have to look at a parameter that is passed that indicated the portal the user is coming from. I can't speak for Ian, but I am not getting the "warm fuzzy feeling" by authenticating a user based on a parameter. So that is why I decided to simply not support that.