Postback problem

Jan 24, 2008 at 3:53 AM
Using IWeb I have been encountering a biting problem with postbacks. Within a "If Not Page.IsPostBack Then" block, during the Page_load, I am using IWeb to generate a password and passing it to the client JavaScript using the Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript method. This all works fine until a Postback is generated to the server while I am excuting some client side JavaScript code (setting the innerHTML of a DIV object) When the postback occurs a new password is generated. This value is not the same as the first one generated and passed to the client side Javascript which causes a decryption error when I eventually call the webservice via an AJAX call. I have also noticed that when I perform a "View page source" in FireFox a postback to the server will also occur.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Dan
Coordinator
Jan 25, 2008 at 1:06 AM
Darn I never ran into that problem, but it's probably because I have been using parts of this code mostly for Silverlight stuff (http://dnnsilverlight.adefwebserver.com/). My only suggestion is that your JavaScript application should read the new password and use it (since it caused the new password to be created). Would this work or am I misunderstanding the problem?