Permission Error

Dec 31, 2007 at 1:28 PM
I installed IWeb and tried to create a user:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DotNetNuke.Modules.IWeb.IWebAuthendication..ctor(IWebAuthendicationHeader IWebCredentials) in C:\Golko Code\DNN470Raw\Website\AppCode\IWeb\IWebCore\IWebAuthendication.vb:line 94
at DotNetNuke.Modules.IWeb.WebService.CreateUser(String NewUsername, String FirstName, String LastName, String DisplayName, String email, String Newpassword) in C:\Golko Code\DNN470_Raw

I put MyKey in the IWeb config and set the permissions on all the methods to Administrators.
I logged in as Host before that and got the same permissions error.
I get it even when I try to get a user.

Any ideas?
Coordinator
Jan 1, 2008 at 12:13 AM
Try making the call without using encryption (and the encryption key). Try it using the IWeb connector client. Also make sure you're setting the portal and user account to access the service correctly and that you have allowed the user to have access to the method (in the IWeb configuration).
Jan 2, 2008 at 8:06 AM
OK, I tried without an encryption key and got the same message. I tried IWeb Core Connector and got "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Access Denied.

When I press the CheckVersion number it says the IWeb version on the server is too low.
I did download the lastest version; it has many more methods available I noticed...
Not sure what to do from here.
Jan 2, 2008 at 9:39 AM
I am also getting same errors.
Not using the excryption keys doesn't help as the access denial is happening at the IIS itself
This is what I get in the IIS logs each time I access IWEB
09:00:59 127.0.0.1 - POST /DNN070/DesktopModules/IWeb/webservice.asmx 401

When I paste the above URL in IE address bar and hit enter it prompts me for credentials and succeeds on entering them.
But still when I invoke a web method from the page that comes, i get the the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" for almost all the methods I tested like PortalsOnServer, GetVersion ...
here is the error for PortalsOnServer method call
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<string xmlns="http://webservices.DotNetNuke.com/">Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</string>
Coordinator
Jan 2, 2008 at 1:49 PM
You can only se the methods from the web page you cannot invoke them because you can't pass the username and password in the header (IWebAuthendicationHeader)

If you get "IWeb version on the server is too low", upgrade your IWeb in your DotNetNuke to the latest version by downloading the latest versiona nd uploading it.
Jan 2, 2008 at 3:53 PM
I did download the lastest version; 3.0.0 and that is what Module Definitions reports.
I also uninstalled and re-downloaded and reinstalled.
Coordinator
Jan 2, 2008 at 5:31 PM

RAGolko wrote:
I did download the lastest version; 3.0.0 and that is what Module Definitions reports.
I also uninstalled and re-downloaded and reinstalled.

Are you sure you are using the latest IWeb connector and you are accessing the correct DotNetNuke site with it?
Sep 18, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Make sure your URL has a / at the end (http://localhost/TestDNN/).  :-)

Ivan Farkas